Water leaks are no less than a nightmare. A leaking tap, pipe, or even a leaking basement can cause some severe damage to your home. Always give special attention to any form of water leak in your home. A pipe leak generally means that your critical water systems have developed some problems. The moisture causing out of associated leaks can damage other systems in your home as well, like causing damage to your property, resulting in expensive and time-consuming repairs. If left unchecked, it may snowball into a significant problem. It can end up costing you a lot of money. Contact an experienced contractor as soon as you find out about the pipe leak to mitigate the risk and the associated damage. (more…)
Drain tile system is a part of the home construction or renovation process and is one of the best ways to ensure that groundwater doesn’t ruin the basement. It directs the water away from the house before it can even enter. Not everyone is aware of the unmatched benefits it offers. Only the construction experts or homeowners who have seen its working know how beneficial it is. The information available on the web is also a bit ambiguous. But don’t worry, we are here to explain each aspect of drain tiles. Before we get to which drain tile works best, let’s explore it a little more. (more…)
Home is the place where we spend most of our time and return every day. Homeowners strive to make their homes a more luxurious, durable, and beautiful living space. Home experts recommend starting fixing things in the house from the foundation level. Basements are the foundations of the home, and a leaking one may be an absolute nightmare. Leaks in the basement can cause severe damage to the whole structure. Hence, fix your leaking basement as soon as you notice any sign of it. The sooner you fix your basement, the lesser damage it would cause. (more…)
Preferring for DIY basement waterproofing repair can be fun and exciting as well as frustrating if you have to cost more than hiring a professional. Basement is a wonderful and cool area beneath your resident or sometimes underground. While it is a comfortable place, sometimes it is susceptible to leaks and flooding.
When it requires repair, you need to understand from its initial symptoms like cracks. Once you have learned the symptoms, you can go for DIY projects to repair the issues.
Follow The Below Method For Basement Waterproofing Repair:
Repair the Cracks
- Remove dirt from the floor even if there is any oil, clean it efficiently. For deep cleaning, you can take help of a brush or vacuum cleaner.
- You can use the chisel and hammer to remove any large pieces fixed in the cracks.
- Spread the concrete on the floor to fill the cracks and check it properly.
- Leave the surface overnight to cure the patches and if necessary you can use the additional patching.
- • Finally, you can use the sealant to seal the concrete that will prevent the surface to get stains, scuffs, cracks and other issues.
For DIY basement waterproofing, you can use the waterproof paint that will work for some months and prevent your basement surface water leakage. Following are the ways to use the waterproofing paint.
- The interior sealant is like a crack repair that prevents the entry of water and moisture from inside the basement.
- Exterior waterproofing sealant is a process of a waterproof coating to walls that stop water from coming into your basement or home.
Follow these two methods and keep your home and basement safe from water leakage issues. If you are unable to perform this task by yourself, you can take help of expert technicians.
At Harris Waterproofing, you will find professionals with vast knowledge of various techniques and products ensuring 100% guaranteed satisfaction for basement waterproofing repair.