Drain tile system is a part of the home construction or renovation process and is one of the best ways to ensure that groundwater doesn’t ruin the basement. It directs the water away from the house before it can even enter. Not everyone is aware of the unmatched benefits it offers. Only the construction experts or homeowners who have seen its working know how beneficial it is. The information available on the web is also a bit ambiguous. But don’t worry, we are here to explain each aspect of drain tiles. Before we get to which drain tile works best, let’s explore it a little more. (more…)
Home is the place where we spend most of our time and return every day. Homeowners strive to make their homes a more luxurious, durable, and beautiful living space. Home experts recommend starting fixing things in the house from the foundation level. Basements are the foundations of the home, and a leaking one may be an absolute nightmare. Leaks in the basement can cause severe damage to the whole structure. Hence, fix your leaking basement as soon as you notice any sign of it. The sooner you fix your basement, the lesser damage it would cause. (more…)
Preferring for DIY basement waterproofing repair can be fun and exciting as well as frustrating if you have to cost more than hiring a professional. Basement is a wonderful and cool area beneath your resident or sometimes underground. While it is a comfortable place, sometimes it is susceptible to leaks and flooding.
When it requires repair, you need to understand from its initial symptoms like cracks. Once you have learned the symptoms, you can go for DIY projects to repair the issues.
Follow The Below Method For Basement Waterproofing Repair:
Repair the Cracks
- Remove dirt from the floor even if there is any oil, clean it efficiently. For deep cleaning, you can take help of a brush or vacuum cleaner.
- You can use the chisel and hammer to remove any large pieces fixed in the cracks.
- Spread the concrete on the floor to fill the cracks and check it properly.
- Leave the surface overnight to cure the patches and if necessary you can use the additional patching.
- • Finally, you can use the sealant to seal the concrete that will prevent the surface to get stains, scuffs, cracks and other issues.
For DIY basement waterproofing, you can use the waterproof paint that will work for some months and prevent your basement surface water leakage. Following are the ways to use the waterproofing paint.
- The interior sealant is like a crack repair that prevents the entry of water and moisture from inside the basement.
- Exterior waterproofing sealant is a process of a waterproof coating to walls that stop water from coming into your basement or home.
Follow these two methods and keep your home and basement safe from water leakage issues. If you are unable to perform this task by yourself, you can take help of expert technicians.
At Harris Waterproofing, you will find professionals with vast knowledge of various techniques and products ensuring 100% guaranteed satisfaction for basement waterproofing repair.
Did you ever heard of weeping tiles? These tiles are not actually the tiles which are installed on the floors or on the roofs. Instead, they are a part of an intricate drainage system that protects a foundation against water damages.
No matter, you live in a flood-prone area or a location that receives the least rainfall, weeping tiles are for one and all. They are installed either on the interior or exterior sides of a foundation. They not only prevent moisture issues but also stabilizes your structure against the foundation cracks and damages.
If your basement gets filled with water even after a mild rainfall, then waterproofing, sump pumps, and weeping tiles can work for you. For better results and performance, it’s advised to get these tiles installed by an experienced waterproofing company.
Benefits Of Weeping Tile Installation
Doesn’t matter, what type of interior or exterior weeping tiles you have selected, their only aim is to prevent foundation damages that occur due to water leakage. Some of the common benefits offered by weeping tiles are:
- They are one of the affordable ways to protect a home against water damages.
- These tiles are designed to keep the rain and drain water away from a home.
- Since they are installed on a lower surface or under the basement floor, they don’t ruin the beauty of your property.
- These tiles are meant to improve and enhance the life expectancy of foundations by relieving the formation of hydrostatic pressure.
- Their installation in responsible for increasing the resale value of a property.
- With weeping tiles, one can have access to a clean, dry and mold free basement.
These are some of the basics and benefits of weeping tiles that every homeowner should be aware of. If you are looking for a basement waterproofing company in Grimsby, feel free to contact our waterproofing contractors at Harris Waterproofing.