Preferring for DIY basement waterproofing repair can be fun and exciting as well as frustrating if you have to cost more than hiring a professional. Basement is a wonderful and cool area beneath your resident or sometimes underground. While it is a comfortable place, sometimes it is susceptible to leaks and flooding.
When it requires repair, you need to understand from its initial symptoms like cracks. Once you have learned the symptoms, you can go for DIY projects to repair the issues.
Follow The Below Method For Basement Waterproofing Repair:
Repair the Cracks
- Remove dirt from the floor even if there is any oil, clean it efficiently. For deep cleaning, you can take help of a brush or vacuum cleaner.
- You can use the chisel and hammer to remove any large pieces fixed in the cracks.
- Spread the concrete on the floor to fill the cracks and check it properly.
- Leave the surface overnight to cure the patches and if necessary you can use the additional patching.
- • Finally, you can use the sealant to seal the concrete that will prevent the surface to get stains, scuffs, cracks and other issues.
For DIY basement waterproofing, you can use the waterproof paint that will work for some months and prevent your basement surface water leakage. Following are the ways to use the waterproofing paint.
- The interior sealant is like a crack repair that prevents the entry of water and moisture from inside the basement.
- Exterior waterproofing sealant is a process of a waterproof coating to walls that stop water from coming into your basement or home.
Follow these two methods and keep your home and basement safe from water leakage issues. If you are unable to perform this task by yourself, you can take help of expert technicians.
At Harris Waterproofing, you will find professionals with vast knowledge of various techniques and products ensuring 100% guaranteed satisfaction for basement waterproofing repair.
Water in your basement means mold in your basement. So, it is important to invest in some good waterproofing solutions to avoid any water damages. Waterproofing helps you maintain the pristine condition of your basement and also save you lots of money. It significantly reduces the risk of costly mold remediation, foundation repair, mold cleaning and other services required with a flooded basement. Here are some ways that can solve the problem of flooded basements.
- Determine the Source of the Water in Basement: Before starting with basement waterproofing job, it is essential to determine the primary sources of a wet basement. It may be the outcome of a heavy storm, a damaged application or a burst pipe. If it is something related to the plumbing issues, you should immediately turn off your home’s water supply to reduce further water damage risk.
- Hire an Experienced Wet Basement Contractor: The next thing you need to do is to hire an experienced basement contractor to start with the waterproofing job. If water damage has caused some cracks or holes in the walls, your contractor will get them fixed. Then the technician will apply plaster or concrete sealer to waterproof the basement and safe it from any future damage and leaks. You may also need to waterproof the crawlspace and install a crawl space dehumidifier if it is at the risk of flooding. If there is mold in basement, you should also consider mold remediation and mold cleaning services.
- Invest in Sump Pump Installation: Sump pump installation is the final step of waterproofing your basement. When you fail to ensure the maintenance of the sump pump, it fails to perform properly. A properly working or a new sump pump will ensure that the water stays away from your basement. Meaning, you will not have to face any plumbing storm or flooded basement anymore.
If you have a leaky basement, you can contact our expert basement waterproofing experts in Ontario. We have years of experience and can ensure the pristine condition of your basement.