Your basement is an essential part of your house that carries your house. Moisture or water can damage it very badly if you are not paying attention to it. It not only weaken your foundation and create cracks, in fact, it damages everything that you have stored in your basement. Water and moisture can lead to costly repairs.
Constructing a new house is not easy. You spend your all saving to build your new home. A house with a basement need more attention. A basement with full of moisture cause mold and mildew. A wet basement is a nightmare for homeowners. If you have a leaky basement problem, you need to call a professional. When it comes about to repair a leaky basement, you hear about various common myths. Here are some common basement repair myths debunked.
- Basement waterproofing is expensive: There is no doubt that repairing your leaky basement is not a cheap job. It requires a lot of money, but doesn’t think it as a financial death sentence. Remember always, basement repair does not mean you need to spend your all saving. In fact, it is the best way to protect your foundation from any big damage. If left unchecked, it leads to costly repair.
- You will have to wait until summer to repair it: This is one of the biggest misconceptions. Basement repair can be done at any time during the year. It does not matter that in which condition your basement is, you can hire a professional to repair it at any time of the year.
- Anyone can repair a basement: Basement waterproofing is actually a big deal. No one can perform this job. If you don’t want to waste your time and money, make sure you hire a professional who perform the right job in the first time. Hiring a licensed and insured professional will cost you less and repair your foundation properly.
- Black tar paint is sufficient for waterproofing: You may know or not, but a black tar paint is not the right solution of basement waterproofing. A black tar paint or waterproof paint will not provide the benefits of basement waterproofing.
- Basement waterproofing will not keep the water out: Those people who are not professional in waterproofing, perpetuate this myth. Unprofessional person does not get the job done right the first time. Today’s technology is so advance and professionals always used the latest tools and technology to remove water from the basement. You will feel secure with a real professional, because he offers you a guarantee on his work.
- Insurance will cover the repair charges: Most of the people have doubted that home insurance always covers the cost repair. But the unfortunately the truth is something else. Home insurance policies never cover the basement repair or seepage repair charges.
If you are dealing with a leaky basement and do not want to wait any more, you can get in touch with Harris Waterproofing in Ontario. Our team of experienced professionals will keep your basement dry and clean.