Preferring for DIY basement waterproofing repair can be fun and exciting as well as frustrating if you have to cost more than hiring a professional. Basement is a wonderful and cool area beneath your resident or sometimes underground. While it is a comfortable place, sometimes it is susceptible to leaks and flooding.
When it requires repair, you need to understand from its initial symptoms like cracks. Once you have learned the symptoms, you can go for DIY projects to repair the issues.
Follow The Below Method For Basement Waterproofing Repair:
Repair the Cracks
- Remove dirt from the floor even if there is any oil, clean it efficiently. For deep cleaning, you can take help of a brush or vacuum cleaner.
- You can use the chisel and hammer to remove any large pieces fixed in the cracks.
- Spread the concrete on the floor to fill the cracks and check it properly.
- Leave the surface overnight to cure the patches and if necessary you can use the additional patching.
- • Finally, you can use the sealant to seal the concrete that will prevent the surface to get stains, scuffs, cracks and other issues.
For DIY basement waterproofing, you can use the waterproof paint that will work for some months and prevent your basement surface water leakage. Following are the ways to use the waterproofing paint.
- The interior sealant is like a crack repair that prevents the entry of water and moisture from inside the basement.
- Exterior waterproofing sealant is a process of a waterproof coating to walls that stop water from coming into your basement or home.
Follow these two methods and keep your home and basement safe from water leakage issues. If you are unable to perform this task by yourself, you can take help of expert technicians.
At Harris Waterproofing, you will find professionals with vast knowledge of various techniques and products ensuring 100% guaranteed satisfaction for basement waterproofing repair.