Did you ever heard of weeping tiles? These tiles are not actually the tiles which are installed on the floors or on the roofs. Instead, they are a part of an intricate drainage system that protects a foundation against water damages.
No matter, you live in a flood-prone area or a location that receives the least rainfall, weeping tiles are for one and all. They are installed either on the interior or exterior sides of a foundation. They not only prevent moisture issues but also stabilizes your structure against the foundation cracks and damages.
If your basement gets filled with water even after a mild rainfall, then waterproofing, sump pumps, and weeping tiles can work for you. For better results and performance, it’s advised to get these tiles installed by an experienced waterproofing company.
Benefits Of Weeping Tile Installation
Doesn’t matter, what type of interior or exterior weeping tiles you have selected, their only aim is to prevent foundation damages that occur due to water leakage. Some of the common benefits offered by weeping tiles are:
- They are one of the affordable ways to protect a home against water damages.
- These tiles are designed to keep the rain and drain water away from a home.
- Since they are installed on a lower surface or under the basement floor, they don’t ruin the beauty of your property.
- These tiles are meant to improve and enhance the life expectancy of foundations by relieving the formation of hydrostatic pressure.
- Their installation in responsible for increasing the resale value of a property.
- With weeping tiles, one can have access to a clean, dry and mold free basement.
These are some of the basics and benefits of weeping tiles that every homeowner should be aware of. If you are looking for a basement waterproofing company in Grimsby, feel free to contact our waterproofing contractors at Harris Waterproofing.
Basements are one of the commonly installed home structures that enhance the looks and space inside a home. Though they offer many great advantages, there is need to maintain it regularly. The common issue that a basement generally face is moisture accumulation and mold growth. Since there is nothing better than basement waterproofing, call in a professional to start with the project right away. A proper waterproof material will surely uncover the cause behind moisture issues to prevent your structure from degrading.
Some of the ways to resolve basement moisture issues are:
- Waterproof the walls: A clogged gutter or an overflowing drain may be the reason behind basement water accumulation. Water and moisture climbing alongside the basement walls is a common issue. The reason behind it is inherent amount of underground water that is provided by nature. By waterproofing the walls, one can avoid the potential risks of cracks or fissures that allow the water to make its way onto the basement walls.
- Waterproof the basement floor: Basement flooding is usually experienced if your rain gutter installations are clogged. Prolonged water inside your basements can lead to development on cracks that can further provoke leakage. An ideal solution to this issue is installing a sump pump that is meant to carry out the water away from the basement floor, thereby leading to a clean and dry environment. Once the water is completely drained out, consider waterproofing the entire basement floor.
- Moisture control & proper ventilation: Waterproofing a basement can only turn out to be beneficial, if you are addressing all the leakage issues with a priority. In case, water keeps on peeping inside from an external source, the waterproof shield you installed will deteriorate soon. To keep your home safe from moisture and harmful mold, take effective measures to have a full control on moisture. Ventilation is also a long term solution to provoke overall dryness that will surely prevent wet walls and roofs. Furthermore, by installing a dehumidifier or an air exchanger, a homeowner can truly do his best to keep the entire area dry.
These are some of the ways to waterproof a basement in an effective way. Before resolving the issue of wet basement, make sure you identify and remove the cause of the problem. If you are looking for a reliable waterproofing company in Grimsby, look no further than our professionals at Harris Waterproofing.
To prevent water and moisture damage in a property, waterproofing the interiors, basement and foundation plays a great role. It helps in controlling the flow of water heading towards a home by directing it away to some other place. Waterproofing is a cost effective technique to reduce water damage that can save your structure from moisture damages, mold growth, leaky basements and hygiene issues that often arise from dampness or floods.
Some of the benefits offered by interior waterproofing are:
- Prevents dampness and mold: Water leakage or standing water on roof and basement can result in damp walls and mold growth. This will degrade the hygiene of a home, since contact with mold can cause skin infections. If you want a clean and spot free basement with fresh air, then get it waterproofed by Grimsby waterproofing professionals. This will ensure a leak free basement that restores the beauty and functionality of your residential or commercial property.
- Efficient and affordable: Waterproofing is considered one of the effective and affordable way to protect a home against water. No matter, what your budget is, interior waterproofing is one of the cheapest option that offers worthy benefits by preventing damp walls, wet basements and leaking roofs. It is also effective in riding the water away from a premise.
- Minimize hydrostatic pressure: Basement floors and bottoms are possibly wet because of the hydrostatic pressure build up that occurs due to water and soil dampness. With interior waterproofing, one can reduce the extent of this pressure. In addition, delta membrane drainage and sump pump helps in directing water away from a wall, thereby, allowing it to flow away from a home.
- Increases resale value: A stain proof and moisture free structure is sure to attract more buyers compared to an ill-maintained and dirty one. Waterproofing aims to increase the value of a home and guarantees leak free basements with no mold and mildew growths. It is highly responsible for preventing water damages.
If you are looking to protect your home against leaks and moisture, feel free to contact our waterproofing contractors in Grimsby.
Flooded or leaky basement is one of the worst nightmares for every homeowner, especially if this happens during the winter season. It is not only annoying to step into a flooded or wet basement, in fact, it can be hazardous to your health and expensive to fix.
No one wants a leaky and flooded basement. Once water is inside your home, it is very hard to get it outside where it belongs. In order to keep the basement dry and free from water, you need to follow some simple steps. The good news is that by following these simple steps you can make sure that your basement stay warm and dry all year round.
If you are tired of dealing with wet basement, it is time to make a change. Below are some do’s and don’ts for basement waterproofing.
- Inspect the basement: When you suspect your basement is wet and it is not allowing you to come inside, get in touch with a professional before it leads to a big problem. If you never go into the basement, an issue can spiral out of control before you ever notice. You can inspect it on a regular basis for signs of water damage like cracks in the concrete, musty smell, water stains and others.
- Find the source of the leak: If you want to fix the issue on your own, it is good to first find the roots of the problems. First of all find the source of the leakage and repair it. Check all the possible ways of water entry, including walls, burst pipes, windows, leaking foundation and others. It is crucial to identify the source of the leak problem.
- Trust the experts: When you find a wet or leaky basement problem, it is good to hire a professional to fix the issue. Professionals have years of experience and a long track record of fixing plumbing problems.
- Don’t ignore the problem: Many homeowners ignore a leakage problem, but they don’t know it is dangerous to their foundation and structure of house. It may seem small, but a small crack can get bigger and then you will have a serious problem to deal with. That is why it is good to invest a little bit of money and hire a professional to fix the problem.
- Don’t do it yourself: When you suspect a leakage problem in your basement, you may be attempting to fix the issue on your own. But in reality it is not a good idea. Because you are not properly trained to do so. When you attempt it on your own, there are chances to reopen the cracks and water starts to seep into your basement again.
If you are experiencing with a wet or leaky basement, Harris Waterproofing can help you. We specialize in waterproofing basement services. We are dedicated to serve you top notch services.
Nothing can frustrate more than a flooded or wet basement. No one wants to spend their vacations mopping up water in leaky and wet basement rather than enjoying time with family members, loved ones or best friends. When homeowners find a wet or flooded basement, they will first think about rain. There is no doubt that wet basements are often the consequences of long and heavy rains.
Leaking basement is a very common thing and it is occurring due to moisture present is from rain or snow. But most of the people get surprised why my basement leaks during the winter season. If this happens to you, don’t panic. Here are a few reasons why your basement is leaking.
- Melting snow: During the winter season, there is only snow outside. You may have thought in your mind that there is no rain outside, then why is your basement leaking. Apart from the rain, melting snow is another the most common reason for leaky basement. When snow melts, it leaves a high quantity of water in its place. This water finds the way to go somewhere and it finds the most common place is your basement.
- Snow on the roof: Snow that builds up on the roof is the other reason of leaky basement. Snow on the roof is not only dangerous for the roof, but also for your basement. When the snow on the roof melts, it will seep into the soil and saturate it. The saturated soil will increase the pressure the basement walls and the water start to go inside through walls.
- Your sump pump is not working properly: If you have a basement in your house, it means you have a sump pump. The sump pump is designed and installed to collect excess water and pull it away from the house. In case, if it fails to work properly, it will create a problem for you. As a result water will accumulate and flood your basement.
- The drain is clogged: Clogged drain can damage your property. These drains can cause water to back up in the water pipes and ultimately overflow in the basement. This problem occurs in your house’s sewer lines. If you have clog free pipes and it drain properly, it will help you to mitigate the chances of leaky basement.
- Cracks in the basement walls and floor: Cracks in the walls and floor are the most common places from where water enters your basement. If you have a leaky or wet basement, first of all look for possible causes like cracks in the walls and floor.
Now, you are familiar with the most common reasons of basement leaks during the winter season. If you are facing this type of problem and want to get rid of it before Christmas, contact Harris Waterproofing in Beamsville.
Your basement is an essential part of your house that carries your house. Moisture or water can damage it very badly if you are not paying attention to it. It not only weaken your foundation and create cracks, in fact, it damages everything that you have stored in your basement. Water and moisture can lead to costly repairs.
Constructing a new house is not easy. You spend your all saving to build your new home. A house with a basement need more attention. A basement with full of moisture cause mold and mildew. A wet basement is a nightmare for homeowners. If you have a leaky basement problem, you need to call a professional. When it comes about to repair a leaky basement, you hear about various common myths. Here are some common basement repair myths debunked.
- Basement waterproofing is expensive: There is no doubt that repairing your leaky basement is not a cheap job. It requires a lot of money, but doesn’t think it as a financial death sentence. Remember always, basement repair does not mean you need to spend your all saving. In fact, it is the best way to protect your foundation from any big damage. If left unchecked, it leads to costly repair.
- You will have to wait until summer to repair it: This is one of the biggest misconceptions. Basement repair can be done at any time during the year. It does not matter that in which condition your basement is, you can hire a professional to repair it at any time of the year.
- Anyone can repair a basement: Basement waterproofing is actually a big deal. No one can perform this job. If you don’t want to waste your time and money, make sure you hire a professional who perform the right job in the first time. Hiring a licensed and insured professional will cost you less and repair your foundation properly.
- Black tar paint is sufficient for waterproofing: You may know or not, but a black tar paint is not the right solution of basement waterproofing. A black tar paint or waterproof paint will not provide the benefits of basement waterproofing.
- Basement waterproofing will not keep the water out: Those people who are not professional in waterproofing, perpetuate this myth. Unprofessional person does not get the job done right the first time. Today’s technology is so advance and professionals always used the latest tools and technology to remove water from the basement. You will feel secure with a real professional, because he offers you a guarantee on his work.
- Insurance will cover the repair charges: Most of the people have doubted that home insurance always covers the cost repair. But the unfortunately the truth is something else. Home insurance policies never cover the basement repair or seepage repair charges.
If you are dealing with a leaky basement and do not want to wait any more, you can get in touch with Harris Waterproofing in Ontario. Our team of experienced professionals will keep your basement dry and clean.