Did you ever heard of weeping tiles? These tiles are not actually the tiles which are installed on the floors or on the roofs. Instead, they are a part of an intricate drainage system that protects a foundation against water damages.
No matter, you live in a flood-prone area or a location that receives the least rainfall, weeping tiles are for one and all. They are installed either on the interior or exterior sides of a foundation. They not only prevent moisture issues but also stabilizes your structure against the foundation cracks and damages.
If your basement gets filled with water even after a mild rainfall, then waterproofing, sump pumps, and weeping tiles can work for you. For better results and performance, it’s advised to get these tiles installed by an experienced waterproofing company.
Benefits Of Weeping Tile Installation
Doesn’t matter, what type of interior or exterior weeping tiles you have selected, their only aim is to prevent foundation damages that occur due to water leakage. Some of the common benefits offered by weeping tiles are:
- They are one of the affordable ways to protect a home against water damages.
- These tiles are designed to keep the rain and drain water away from a home.
- Since they are installed on a lower surface or under the basement floor, they don’t ruin the beauty of your property.
- These tiles are meant to improve and enhance the life expectancy of foundations by relieving the formation of hydrostatic pressure.
- Their installation in responsible for increasing the resale value of a property.
- With weeping tiles, one can have access to a clean, dry and mold free basement.
These are some of the basics and benefits of weeping tiles that every homeowner should be aware of. If you are looking for a basement waterproofing company in Grimsby, feel free to contact our waterproofing contractors at Harris Waterproofing.
Basements are one of the commonly installed home structures that enhance the looks and space inside a home. Though they offer many great advantages, there is need to maintain it regularly. The common issue that a basement generally face is moisture accumulation and mold growth. Since there is nothing better than basement waterproofing, call in a professional to start with the project right away. A proper waterproof material will surely uncover the cause behind moisture issues to prevent your structure from degrading.
Some of the ways to resolve basement moisture issues are:
- Waterproof the walls: A clogged gutter or an overflowing drain may be the reason behind basement water accumulation. Water and moisture climbing alongside the basement walls is a common issue. The reason behind it is inherent amount of underground water that is provided by nature. By waterproofing the walls, one can avoid the potential risks of cracks or fissures that allow the water to make its way onto the basement walls.
- Waterproof the basement floor: Basement flooding is usually experienced if your rain gutter installations are clogged. Prolonged water inside your basements can lead to development on cracks that can further provoke leakage. An ideal solution to this issue is installing a sump pump that is meant to carry out the water away from the basement floor, thereby leading to a clean and dry environment. Once the water is completely drained out, consider waterproofing the entire basement floor.
- Moisture control & proper ventilation: Waterproofing a basement can only turn out to be beneficial, if you are addressing all the leakage issues with a priority. In case, water keeps on peeping inside from an external source, the waterproof shield you installed will deteriorate soon. To keep your home safe from moisture and harmful mold, take effective measures to have a full control on moisture. Ventilation is also a long term solution to provoke overall dryness that will surely prevent wet walls and roofs. Furthermore, by installing a dehumidifier or an air exchanger, a homeowner can truly do his best to keep the entire area dry.
These are some of the ways to waterproof a basement in an effective way. Before resolving the issue of wet basement, make sure you identify and remove the cause of the problem. If you are looking for a reliable waterproofing company in Grimsby, look no further than our professionals at Harris Waterproofing.
To prevent water and moisture damage in a property, waterproofing the interiors, basement and foundation plays a great role. It helps in controlling the flow of water heading towards a home by directing it away to some other place. Waterproofing is a cost effective technique to reduce water damage that can save your structure from moisture damages, mold growth, leaky basements and hygiene issues that often arise from dampness or floods.
Some of the benefits offered by interior waterproofing are:
- Prevents dampness and mold: Water leakage or standing water on roof and basement can result in damp walls and mold growth. This will degrade the hygiene of a home, since contact with mold can cause skin infections. If you want a clean and spot free basement with fresh air, then get it waterproofed by Grimsby waterproofing professionals. This will ensure a leak free basement that restores the beauty and functionality of your residential or commercial property.
- Efficient and affordable: Waterproofing is considered one of the effective and affordable way to protect a home against water. No matter, what your budget is, interior waterproofing is one of the cheapest option that offers worthy benefits by preventing damp walls, wet basements and leaking roofs. It is also effective in riding the water away from a premise.
- Minimize hydrostatic pressure: Basement floors and bottoms are possibly wet because of the hydrostatic pressure build up that occurs due to water and soil dampness. With interior waterproofing, one can reduce the extent of this pressure. In addition, delta membrane drainage and sump pump helps in directing water away from a wall, thereby, allowing it to flow away from a home.
- Increases resale value: A stain proof and moisture free structure is sure to attract more buyers compared to an ill-maintained and dirty one. Waterproofing aims to increase the value of a home and guarantees leak free basements with no mold and mildew growths. It is highly responsible for preventing water damages.
If you are looking to protect your home against leaks and moisture, feel free to contact our waterproofing contractors in Grimsby.